Friday 8 February 2013

Bad Mummy?

When Missy came out of school on Monday, Daddy, who wasn't working that day, instantly saw that something was up when she got in the car.  Usually she is asking for her snack, doing her drawings, chatting non-stop but on Monday she snuggled on the sofa with Daddy and I didn't hear a peep out of her for an hour.  That's when I knew something was wrong but Daddy had spotted it earlier.  Why didn't I spot it?  I felt like a bad mummy.

By 5pm Missy was burning up.  We took her down to her vest and jeans and took her temperature - 39.9c. What to do?  I hadn't a clue and had to look on the internet.  Daddy took charge and once again I felt like a bad mummy for not really knowing.

Daddy checked on her later in bed and she was sweating.  I still can't check on her after she's gone to bed.  I don't know why, perhaps I don't want to wake her up and disturb her, perhaps I've closed the (bedroom) door on being a mummy at 7pm in need of slumping on the sofa for a rest.  Bad mummy again? I've got to do it soon though as Daddy is going away on business.

So, Missy was off school Tuesday and Wednesday as her temperature was still high, though she was pretty much back to her usual self on Wednesday.  I was exhausted though, having never looked after an ill child before.  Thankfully back to school yesterday via the eye clinic, although Daddy was off work yesterday with very bad sciatica so I'm feeling a bit like a nurse this week.

In other news, it's the school disco tonight.  I wonder what they'll be dancing too?  In my day it was Blondie and The Buggles.




6 comments:

  1. I hope Missy is back to herself now and feeling much better. You are not a bad mummy, and it is draining looking after an ill child (I've had one of those too this week!).

    Take care and thanks for linking up to the Weekly Adoption Shout Out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki. I'm finding it a very steep learning curve. x

      Delete
    2. It is steep - and a rocky climb too. Even this far in I'm still learning lots about Mini, but I know we'll get there. And you will too x

      Delete
  2. I've had a poorly one too - take care - all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think parents of adopted children seem to constantly question their capability. When you've had a child for a short time, like any other relationship, you don't instantly know them inside out, it takes time. Don't be hard on yourself, you'll get there.x
    Thanks for linking up with the weekly Adoption Shout out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...